AZ
4.7

4.7
Posted on Jun 4, 2022

Because of its longer half life, vitamin K2 as menaquinone-7 (MK7) is more popular, but only menatetrenone (vit. K2 MK4) can cross the blood brain barrier, a benefit vit. K2 MK7 doesn’t have. A combination of both types of vitamins K2 is probably best but don’t neglect the MK4. At 5 mg, this dosage is perfect, especially when taken with high dose vitamin D. I trust Carlson Labs for the quality of its products.

Posted on May 23, 2022

They are are small and easy to swallow, the gel caps have no discernible taste. Studies have shown the benefit of K2 MK-4 only really appear at 5mg and above, and this is the only supplement on the market that offers that amount. Don't waste your money on MK-4 variants under 5mg.

Posted on May 22, 2022

quality-wise it is very good. there is a myth about mk7 being better than mk4. the truth is the other way around, the active form of vitamin k2 is mk4 and the vitamin stored in the body is also mk4. mk7 is promoted by its longer half-life but at the end of the day, I still think choosing the form that is active in the body is a better choice.

On the recommendation of my veterinarian, I'm now using this medicine to help my FIV+ cat's immune system. I break open the pill and pour the powder over his wet meal. I was concerned that the powder might be unpleasant to him, but he appears to enjoy it. It's also the ideal dose for animals.

Posted on Jan 1, 2022

This is a great quality product because it provides a good dose of the MK-4 form of vitamin K2, which is hard to find in this size and dosage. Most comparable supplements offer the MK-7 form, which may not be as bioavailable in the organs as MK-4. The benefits of MK-4 are to keep calcium out of the soft tissues, arteries, and organs, so that it stays in the bones where it belongs.

Posted on Nov 13, 2022

This Carlson Vitamin K2 was recommended to me by medical professionals for bone health while I am on an estrogen blocking drug after breast cancer surgery and radiation. So glad I know about it. I'll keep taking it after I am off the meds since I like it so much! It is a great quality product and at a good price. I highly recommend this product!

Posted on Jan 23, 2022

I take this with D3, magnesium and boron to help osteoporosis as well as general health. It does help, I don't take calcium as D3 and K2 do a good job of absorbing calcium and putting it in the right places, not clog up arteries. Extra calcium in supplements in my opinion increases your risk of clots.

Posted on Nov 28, 2022

I added this recently to my supplements to get some Vitamin K2 in the "mk4" form and the dosage/value are good. I already take the "mk7" form (Now brand-Mega D3K2) which is great. I've heard that the mk7 form is most critical to get so always take that one. This one I view as optional but want to add it on periodically.

Posted on Aug 11, 2022

5 g is good but higher dosage would be better. i remember that there were higher dosage with this brand in the past but can’t find it now. i would suggest this company to supply higher dosage pill and remove the fillers as well!

Posted on May 21, 2022

Good product, it has been hard to find k2 from MK4 and in that quantity, so it’s great to find it here, if you are looking for k2 this is a great option