Page 1 - Reviews - Bob's Red Mill, Organic Creamy Buckwheat Hot Cereal, Whole Grain, 18 oz (510 g) - iHerb
AZ

Posted on May 25, 2022

I adore this creamy buckwheat cereal. I make it on the stovetop following the directions on the bag, then eat it mixed with milk, cinnamon, nuts, dried fruit, and a dash of maple syrup or maybe coconut oil. I can't have too much at once since I try to eat low-FODMAP, but it can be stored in the fridge and warmed up again--it loses some of its creaminess but you can enjoy sort of a different texture then.

Posted on Dec 29, 2021

Tasty and easy to cook. I thought these were in "flakes" similar to rolled oats, but they are actually crushed grains. They cook in exactly 10 minutes, becoming soft and creamy. I cook multiple servings in water with a bit of salt, and then divide into containers and store in the fridge. They keep will for at least 4 days. Every morning, I take one container, warm it or eat it cold, with some coconut cream and honey or maple syrup. Cinnamon, bee pollen and chia seeds are also great additions. It is a quick, easy to pack breakfast. If this is useful, please give a thumbs-up. Thank you.

Posted on Nov 23, 2021

My nutritionist recommended buckwheat, since I am on a restricted diet for digestive issues. I am so happy I found this cereal and I eat it for breakfast every morning. I add ground flax seeds, cinnamon and blueberries (usually a mix of wild frozen and fresh on top) and it's delicious. I add a bit more water than the package instructions (approx. 1/4 cup extra per serving) since following the package instructions made it way too thick for my liking. I also wisk the ingredients into the boiling water and whisk occasionally during the 10 min cooking time. It is difficult to find in nearby stores, so I'm glad iHerb carries it. Bob's Red Mill is a high quality brand, so you can't go wrong. I highly recommend it.

Posted on Jun 14, 2022

This is my all time favorite food to have for breakfast. I have a single serving of buckwheat but like to add fruit and seeds as toppings. The taste and texture of this buckwheat cereal is really satisfying. I notice that it keeps me full and energized far longer than oatmeal does.

Posted on May 6, 2022

Quick and easy to cook. I had tried something similar before and didn't like the taste, it was a bit bitter. I was delightfully surprised at how delicious this is. It really falls into the comfort food category for me. It seems to be much more sustaining than the brown rice farina or oatmeal. When I eat it in the morning I'm not not at all hungry until late in the afternoon. I'm going to get more, lots more, because I think it will be great for backpacking and camping. I like it with cinnamon and a little milk (dairy or coconut) and lots of butter. Also nice with honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar.

Posted on May 1, 2022

This resealable bag makes it super easy to use and reuse throughput the week. Ive also taken thus with me while traveling. No leaking and no accidental spills. The product is outstanding, fresh and difficult to find at a typical grocery store so i appreciate being able to get this online.

Posted on Apr 27, 2022

I love the taste of this quality organic cereal and just a small serving will satisfy my hunger, I use with a sprinkle of cinnamon and Manuka honey and add almond milk ! I recommend for a healthier cereal alternative for breakfast with added benefits. Package size will last awhile and will purchase again.

Posted on Apr 23, 2022

Buckwheat was recommended to me for digestive reasons so I tried a few different buckwheat products... most of them are not to my taste. This one is better than most, but I mix it 50/50 with Bob's Creamy Brown Rice Cereal and love that combo. I add a generous amount of cinnamon, and some nuts and seeds and love it. Fresh fruit from the garden during the right season makes it extra special, but it tastes somewhat sweet even without added sugars.

Posted on Apr 23, 2022

I have used these cereals to make me and my husband our every-night-porrage. Into boiling water I add a tiny amount of salt, then buckwheat cereals about 1 dl/250 ml water. I let this watery porrage boil about 1 min, then I reduce the heat to the minimum and let brew 20 min. We eat this porrage with butter/full cream and berries (blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, cowberries). Delicious and very healthy!

Posted on Apr 16, 2022

Buckwheat hot cereal is a nutritious, healthy, wonderfully tasty way to start breakfast. The ingredient is buckwheat grouts which is very beneficial to the body and recommended to eat for fiber. The taste and composition are nutty, creamy, and very satisfying. Highly recommended and you will not be disappointed. Nuts, fruit, seeds, sweeteners, or anything your heart desires can be added or used to make it more satisfying.